The FSPCA training curriculum is designed to meet the requirements for training under Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 117.155 for the Preventive Controls “Qualified Individual” who conducts Food Safety Plan activities such as developing, reviewing and reanalyzing the food safety plan, validating preventive and process controls, reviewing records, among others. By Attending this FSPCA course the attendees will achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the role and importance of the prerequisite programs and food safety fundamentals as the foundation of the food safety plan
- Learn the responsibilities on the execution of the activities the qualified individual is expected to either do or oversee
- Successful application of preventive control approaches to ensure regulatory compliance
- Make certain that the course content and resulting knowledge is consistent with regulatory expectations
- Gain skills and comprehension on monitoring, verification, and validation activities
- Acquire the tools to write, develop, and implement and effective Recall plan
- Based on the experience of the Lead Instructor, acquire knowledge on practical aspects to implement an effective FSPC for Human Food program
Each facility registered with the FDA is required to have a Preventive Control Qualified Individual PCQI. A preventive controls qualified individual is a person who has successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls at least equivalent to that received under the standardized curriculum from FSPCA.
The FSPCA program is based on collaboration among federal and state regulatory officials (FDA), academic food safety researchers and educators, and U.S. food industry representatives. This program is delivered by a Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course.
This course meets the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training requirements. The participants will receive FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate attendance issued by AFDO.
Come and enjoy this 2 ½ day workshop that meets the PCQI Training requirements. The participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate after completion of this training.